Training and Conferences
Two Training Sessions in June!
Maui on June 2, 2017 – Kauaʻi on June 6, 2017
- Overview of Language Access laws
- Understanding the LEP individual
- When and how to use bilingual staff
- Translation vs. Interpretation
- Basics of Interpretation
- Interpretation ethics
Dr. Suzanne Zeng • Assistant Professor, Center for Interpretation and Translation Studies at UHM • Certified Chinese-English Conference Interpreter • Member, Supreme Court Committee for Court Interpreters and State Language Access Advisory Council • Helped establish higher standards for Hawai’i State court and medical interpreters • Active community and conference interpreter • Conducted numerous workshops at home and abroad for Asian and Pacific Island language speakers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- State/County employees who provide direct services to/or may encounter LEP individuals.
- State/County managers and supervisors who oversee the delivery of services to LEP individuals.
- Public is invited to attend.
Space is Limited; first-come, first served
SPONSORED BY: State of Hawai’i- Office of Language Access Center for Interpretation and Translation Studies, UH Manoa
Maui – June 2, 2017:
- Session 1 at UH Maui College – 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Session 2 at Maui State Office Building – 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Kauaʻi – June 6, 2017:
- Sessions 1 & 2 at Kauai War Memorial Convention Hall – 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM (choose attending session on registration page)
SIIT is a rare oppotunity to receive short-term professional training in simultaneous and consecutive interpreting.
Apply now at cits.hawaii.edu
Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish, French, Korean, & Vietnamese
by Center for Interpretation & Translation Studies (CITS), University of Hawaiʻi an Mānoa
Annual Hawaii Conferences on Language Access
|9th Annual Hawaii Conference||Access here|
|8th Annual Hawaii Conference||Access here|
|7th Annual Hawaii Conference||Access here|
|6th Annual Hawaii Conference||Access here|
|5th Annual Hawaii Conference||Access here|
|4th Annual Hawaii Conference||Access here|
|3rd Annual Hawaii Conference||Access here|
|2nd Annual Hawaii Conference||Access here|
|1st Hawaii Conference||Access here|