A. Acessing Key Services (click for listing of financial, medical, etc. benefits and misc. services)
B. Continuum of Care for Spinal Cord Injury, Stroke and Traumatic Brain Injury
- American Heart Association of Hawaii – 245 N. Kukui Street Suite #204, Honolulu, HI 96817, Ph: 538-7021, Fax: 538-3443, E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brain Injury Association of Hawaii– 2201 Waimano Home Road – Hale E, Pearl City, HI 96782, Ph: (808) 454-0699, Fax: (808) 454-1975.
- No listing of local chapters for the National Spinal Cord Injury Association.
- Spinal Cord Injury Group of Hawaii – a clearinghouse for SCI resources and information, educational and social supports. Contact Sterling Krysler @ 988-9190 or Joyce Arizumi @ 988-5069, 3331 Alani Drive, Honolulu, HI. 96822, E-mail: email@example.com.
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
ASA is an educational, research and scientific society that works to elevate the standards of the medical practice of anesthesiology and improve patient care. Since 1905, ASA has played an important role in American medicine acting as an advocate for all patients who require anesthesia or relief from pain. Through our When Seconds Count® endeavor, we are committed to educating patients about their pain management options, including the appropriate use of opioids as well as safe and effective alternative treatments.
– Chronic Pain
– Injury/Acute Pain
– Non-Opioid Treatment
C. For other “Community Long-term Care Supports”
You can hypertext link to the Hawaii’s Real Choice Partnership Project web-based SEP (single entry points) system. Its system is currently under construction and is in varying degrees of completion to provide its users with the following consumer-friendly features: (a) an interactive assessment process that will help consumers to identify and apply for services for which they are eligible; (b) an information system showing all long-term care services offered by the State , the counties, and private organizations, with open slots for many services listed according to geographical location; and (c) a quality assurance component that will identify service gaps by tracking service requests and will also allow consumers to periodically rate the services they receive.
D. Other sites within the Division…
DD Divison AAC Loan Bank – a library of augmentative/ alternative communication devices.