In 2018, National Poison Prevention Week will occur March 18 – 24, 2018
HOW TO CELEBRATE:
- Join the conversation online using the hashtags #NPPW18, #PreventPoison, or #PoisonHelp
- Contact your local poison control center to request educational materials and find out about poison prevention campaigns in your area. Click hereto find your local center.
- Encourage your friends, family, or constituents to take the steps below to prevent poisonings.
TIPS TO PREVENT POISONINGS
- Be prepared for an emergency. Keep the national, free Poison Helpline number at your fingertips by saving the number in your mobile phone: 1-800-222-1222
- Practice safe storage habits. Always store medicines and hazardous substances up, away, and out of sight of children. Keep these substances in their original, child resistant containers.
- Read and follow all labels and directions. Review medicine and product labels before you use them, especially before giving medicine to children.
- Detect invisible threats.Have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home
The National Poisoning Prevention Council (“the Council”) is the official sponsor of National Poison Prevention Week. The Council is a group of representatives from government and nonprofit organizations that have an interest in the prevention of unintentional poisoning through raising awareness and promoting poisoning prevention public education.