Sage PLUS provides one-to-one assistance to members with Medicare, their families, caregivers, and agencies throughout Hawaii. Trained certified volunteer counselors provide consultations and presentation at no charge to the public.
Sage PLUS Program Services
Sage PLUS volunteer counselors will answer the following questions:
- What Medicare will pay for and the amount Medicare will pay for those services?
- What Medigap insurance and Medicare Advantage insurance options are?
- What prescription drug coverage and other options are available to you?
- What long term care insurance covers?
- What your options are for financing your long term care?
- What is an advance health care directive?
Trained certified volunteers may also provide information on preventive benefits available to older adults.
To reach a certified Sage PLUS counselor near you, please call toll-free at 1-888-875-9229 or 1-866-810-4379 (TTY).
If you are interested in becoming a Sage PLUS volunteer, please call the Executive Office on Aging at 586-0100 (Oahu).