Disease Investigation Branch
Infectious diseases are diseases and conditions that are transmitted from one individual to another from a variety of disease-causing agents. The Disease Investigation Branch (DIB), located within the Disease Outbreak Control Division (DOCD), conducts investigation, surveillance, prevention, and control of general communicable diseases of public health importance. DIB staff monitors incoming disease reports for occurrence of unusual or rare diseases, disease clusters, and outbreaks in the community.
Should you have any questions or would like to report an infectious disease, please contact DIB by phone:
- Oahu (Disease Investigation Branch) (808) 586-4586
- Maui District Health Office (808) 984-8213
- Kauai District Health Office (808) 241-3563
- Big Island District Health Office (Hilo) (808) 933-0912
- Big Island District Health Office (Kona) (808) 322-4877
- After hours on Oahu (808) 566-5049
- After hours on neighbor islands (800) 360-2575 (toll free)
Thank you for visiting us and help in protecting the health of our residents.