The Immunization Branch works to protect Hawaii’s people from vaccine-preventable diseases (VPDs) through immunization.
The main activities of this Branch are to:
- Promote immunizations in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations
- Manage the Vaccines for Children program, which provides federally purchased vaccines for administration to eligible children without cost
- Conduct investigations and surveillance of VPDs in Hawaii
- Oversee the Hawaii Immunization Registry, a secure web-based state-wide immunization information system capable of establishing and maintaining lifespan vaccination records for Hawaii’s population
- Monitor compliance with State immunization requirements for public and private school attendance
- Assess immunization coverage levels in the community
- Develop collaborations and partnerships to reach under-immunized populations
Phone: (808) 586-8332 (main line), 800-933-4832 (toll-free)
Fax: (808) 586-8347
To report an illness from an infectious disease, please call the Disease Reporting Line at (808) 586-4586.
Last reviewed January 2019